Rodear America Sanctioning
All requests for sanctioning must be submitted to, and approved by Rodear America no later than 45 days prior to the first day of the event date.
Sanction fees are $5 per run. Fees should be made payable to Rodear America and submitted following the conclusion of the event (see reporting results section).
- Beginning with the 2022 season, all sanctioned Rodears will be
required to include a sort as part of the event course.
Each contestant must sort their own cattle from a herd of not less than 15 head of cattle.
- All obstacles must require both the dog and the horse & rider to
complete. The horse & rider may not be restricted in any
manner while on course.
- The competition must be scored solely on points and time. No subjective judging is allowed.
- A minimum of three divisions must be offered. They are Open, Non-pro and Green Dog.
- 2022 Green Dog age requirement - Any dog competing in this division must have been born on, or after April 1, 2020.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Rodear America’s Zero Tolerance policy on abuse must be adhered to. All event hosts are urged to review and be well versed on the policy which is available on the website under Rules & Guidelines. Additionally, no training, or dummy training devices are allowed on any dog at any time, anywhere on the premises of a Rodear America sanctioned event.
Cattle usage & Handling
- It is strongly recommended that the event host provide enough cattle so that they are not used more than 2 times in one day.
- Cattle should not have been used previously in team penning or team sorting competitions.
- Cattle should have consistent access to water & feed during the event.
- Cattle should be adequately “dog settled” prior to the event so as to maximize the potential of cattle honoring the dogs.
Western attire, which includes a long sleeve, collared shirt, western hat and boots is required at all association hosted events and is encouraged at all sanctioned events.
Awarding Points for National Standings
Rodear America national standings accrue points in the Open, Non-pro, Green Dog and Rookie divisions. One point is earned by a handler/dog for each competitor they have placed above. For example, the winner of a class with 20 dogs would receive 19 points. If two dogs tied for the win, they would each receive 18 points.
For event results to be counted toward Rodear America National Point Standings sanctioning fees and typewritten results must be received by Rodear America no later than 15 days after the last day of the event, otherwise a $100 late fee will be due before points will be added to standings.
Please email results to: email@example.com.
Fees should mailed via USPS to: Rodear America, 220 Adams Dr., Suite 280 #123, Weatherford, TX 76086
By submitting the Sanctioning
Application, submitter/Event Host is confirming that he/she has read these
Sanction Rules & Guidelines and agrees to the terms therein. Should any of
the Rules be violated, Event Host agrees that event sanctioning will be
revoked and points accrued by competitors will not count toward Rodear
America Year End Standings.